HON100 Discussion Board: 2019-2023
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your leadership style?

5 posters

Go down

What's your leadership style?  Empty What's your leadership style?

Post by Becky S. Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:10 pm

During my research for the leadership styles assignment on Gradecraft, I uncovered three different kinds of leadership styles. I have condensed summaries of each of the styles down below, but what I wanted to discuss in this topic was a more personal approach to them - which leadership style suits you best?

Leading by Doing

The “leading by doing” leadership style is an assertive one. A leader who uses this style is the main organizer of a team effort - when the time for a decision arises, the leader makes it on their own. It allows for little input from other members of a group.

Leading by Teamwork

The “leading by teamwork” leadership style is exactly what it sounds like: a team effort. A leader using this style encourages those they work with to brainstorm and implement ideas. Furthermore, they take part in the process.

Leading by Inspiring

The “leading by inspiring” leadership style is similar to leading by teamwork, but a key distinction is that the leader only is involved at the start of the process. A leader using this style encourages group members to be creative and approach situations from multiple angles, but ultimately does not make the decision. That decision is left up to those that work with them.

Becky S.
Becky S.
Admin

https://hon100discussion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What's your leadership style?  Empty Re: What's your leadership style?

Post by Becky S. Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:12 pm

My preferred leadership style would be leading by teamwork. Most leadership situations I've experienced before required me to lead by doing, but I find more satisfaction in communicating with others during the leadership process. Leading by doing is good for getting results quickly, as it doesn't need time for other people's inputs, but I do like when a process is a team effort.
Becky S.
Becky S.
Admin

https://hon100discussion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anna B Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:05 pm

I would say I lead by inspiring others; in group projects and other leadership experiences that I have had, I usually am more active at the beginning of the process during the brainstorming stage than at any other point. I enjoy being creative and coming up with ideas for a project or solutions to a problem, while also listening to those of others. I feel as though this leadership style also suits me the most because I am generally not very assertive, so I am never usually the one and only person to make the final decision. I am much more comfortable with a team effort in which I might help get the group started, but then take a step back.

Anna B

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess P Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:10 pm

I feel as though my leadership style would be a mix of all three but the most prominent style would be leading by teamwork. My whole life I have always been apart of a team, from sports to family, so I am always ready to work with others to get the job done. I love to hear new ideas from others and brainstorm with different groups of people. It interests me to be able to see things from a different perspective and learn something new on how to view a certain thing.

Jess P

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen R Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:05 am

I think my leadership style is leading through teamwork. I think it is very important to acknowledge and collaborate with the ideas of group members. Sometimes a group member might make an interesting point that you have not thought of and I think it is good to discuss these ideas with others so you can become more informed and better understand the ideas and viewpoints of others. I believe important developments and decisions must come about from a mutual understanding of a topic and one way this can be achieved is through teamwork.

Kristen R

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzie L Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:45 am

I would say that I lead by doing. I've always been someone who follows someone who leads by example. I suppose I've always been someone who believes actions speak louder than words. Over the years, as I've grown, I've taken on that role of doing rather than making false promises of doing. Benefits to leading by doing are that, in short, people know that you keep to your word and when you say you'll do something, they can count on you to do your part. Contrarily, I have found myself doing too much, where I'll take on too many responsibilities in order to make everyone, including myself, happy. It is important that although I lead through my actions, that I learn to use my words to accept help from others and trust that everyone will keep there word as well.

Izzie L

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down