HON100 Discussion Board: 2019-2023
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leadership Activities

2 posters

Go down

Leadership Activities  Empty Leadership Activities

Post by briaf Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:34 pm

For one of the activities, I described a game I played at a leadership camp. I personally loved this activity because I think it gave a lot of people a different view about leadership and how to be a leader. I'm going to paste my methods into the space below, so please comment about how you feel about the activity or if you have any concerns. If it is hard to understand, ask me questions as well.

This activity requires each individual to lift a chair over their head for 15 minutes. The group will move around the room in a circle. Each individual should follow the person in front of them. This activity may seem like a workout, and it definitely is, but it’s important to remember that the pain you are experiencing, is the same pain everyone else is. The purpose of this activity is to encourage everyone to continue and support each other. Once you get through it together, you feel stronger as a whole. It encourages leaders that may not feel comfortable in an office setting to come alive and support their co-workers.
This activity doesn’t require a lot of reflection but it’s always good to communicate how you felt during the activity and after. What were you thinking when you got fatigued and wanted to drop the chair? How did it feel when you accomplished it? Do you feel your team is stronger because of this exercise?

briaf

Back to top Go down

Leadership Activities  Empty Re: Leadership Activities

Post by briaf Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:35 pm

If anyone is curious about other similar activities I did at this camp, feel free to comment. RYLA had a lot of great leadership exercises.

briaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristen R Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:13 am

This is a very interesting exercise. It sound like it is dependent on teamwork which I view as a very important leadership style. There is no singular leader in the exercise but each team as a whole works together to achieve the goal of lifting the chair. I think the activity shows that someone can be a leader without being a dictator.

Kristen R

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum