HON100 Discussion Board: 2019-2023
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you view "innovate"?

3 posters

Go down

How do you view "innovate"?  Empty How do you view "innovate"?

Post by Becky S. Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:15 pm

How do you view "innovate"? Your answer to this question can be based on the purposeful leadership model's explanation of it, or just on the idea of "innovate" in general.
Becky S.
Becky S.
Admin

https://hon100discussion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How do you view "innovate"?  Empty Re: How do you view "innovate"?

Post by Lauren Y Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:04 pm

I view innovate as using your ideas to make another product more beneficial for needs. Innovation is important because nothing is perfect and you need to be able to use your knowledge to add onto an idea to make it updated and useful for new needs. This is an important leadership skill because you need to be able to build on other ideas and use your ideas as well and create a final product.

Lauren Y

Back to top Go down

Post by Becky S. Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:30 am

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said about innovation in leadership. I also think a part of innovation is trying something new, even if that new thing doesn't work as expected. Innovation is a process - sometimes, new ideas are successful, but other times you need to go back to the drawing board to create that final product.
Becky S.
Becky S.
Admin

https://hon100discussion.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anna B Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:22 pm

I view innovation as a process of creation and creativeness. Before I had learned about the purposeful leadership model, I had never considered the importance of innovation in leadership but doing more research about innovation has made me view it as a concept that has a lot of flexibility. The very act of innovation is to create something new so, as a reflection of that, I view innovation as meaning something different for each and every leader. Based on current events (and in really simplified terms) one democratic presidential candidate may approach the issue of health care by fixing the existing system, while another may address this issue by completely reforming our health care system by eliminating private insurance. Both of these approaches can be considered innovation, but they differ wildly from each other. In this way, innovation can have a personalized meaning to different leaders.

Anna B

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down